Your basement project planned, constructed and completed
Darma is the capital’s leading specialist in basement conversions, excavation and basement construction. We have developed a method of planning, preparing and executing this work that involves creativity in consultation, technical expertise and uncompromisingly-high standards of workmanship.
Using methods pioneered by ourselves, combined with impeccable craftsmanship, we will enhance your home and your lifestyle. We can provide you with a complete service covering every aspect of your project, from the initial idea, the planning and design processes, through to the completion of the work.
Could your home benefit from a basement?
Almost all houses can have a basement built underneath. It can be used for multiple purposes:
Additional family bedroom(s)
… and much more
Creating new space in your home is an exciting prospect. Often the best place to start looking for more living space is underneath your home. We understand your property is your biggest lifetime investment. This is why we believe in giving every project our personal touch.
We employ the best, experienced people for highly-specialist installations, such as home cinemas, swimming pools, audio-visual systems, and air conditioning and temperature control units.
Why invest in a basement?
A basement offers space separated from the rest of the house, yet it is still close by. The basement can become the home’s public space, with insulated ceilings and sound-proofing that allow you to enjoy all family activities. Our excellent project management skills and experienced teams work seamlessly together to ensure every basement is delivered within estimated dates and within budget.
Planning and Scheme Design
- Assist in the appointment of architectural practice if required.
- Arrange and carry out dimensional survey of property and prepare existing layouts.
- Define client requirements and develop preliminary architectural design.
- Produce documentation to accompany the planning application including method statements, risk assessments and design philosophy.
- Carry out any investigatory works including tree surveys, site investigation boreholes and drainage surveys.
- Submit and monitor the planning application through to approval.
Post planning detailed design stage
- Assist in the appointment of structural engineer if required.
- Assist in the appointment of party wall surveyor if required.
- Production of final architectural layout in accordance with client requirements.
- Prepare interior architectural detailed design including plans, sections and elevations sufficient for building regulations submission.
- Prepare detailed structural design in accordance with the structural engineer, based on efficient and cost effective methods of construction.
- Submit building regulations application.
- Arrange local authority permissions and licenses to enable site operation.
- Establish hoarding and protect working area around property.
- Full construction service including the supply of all labour, plant and materials required carrying out the works.
- In house construction management and supervision by experienced professionals.
- Delivering projects safely, on time, to budget and within programmed.
An expert waterproofing system
Extend your home below ground using our first-class waterproofing membrane system. Waterproofing is one of the most important features in any basement project. Damp basements should be a thing of the past, yet so often not enough consideration is given to waterproofing.
Darma exclusively uses the excellent Delta Membrane system. This is the world’s largest and most reliable manufacturer of high-quality waterproofing systems. Manufactured by a reputable German company, it carries a 50-year guarantee. Delta systems have an enviable track record, having been successfully used in thousands of basements throughout London and beyond.
Our system can easily deal with the most aggressive ground water conditions. The purpose of the membrane is to keep moisture caused by ground water out of the basement, and to prevent strain on the walls. The moisture is kept out thanks to the impermeable system. Its design ensures the resulting water build-up is directed to the sump.
The membrane product has been successfully used in many situations throughout the UK, from small domestic basements to major waterproofing projects such as the London Underground stations.